Saturday, April 7, 2012

Expressing Surprise and Disbelief



Definition : 
A feeling that we feel when heard an amazing news which surprised and amazed us an expression  that we show/ say when we know /hear/see something that rather difficult to believe .Used to express something that we can’t or impossible.

To express surprise or disbelief: 

-What a surprise! That’s a surprise!
-(Well), that’s very surprising!
-Really?
-What?
-Are you serious? You must be joking!
-You’re kidding!
-Fancy that!
-I must say … surprises me.
-I  find that hard to believe.

Surprising amazement of something:

-Fantastic
-It’s great
-It’s terrific
-Wonderful !
-What a lovely flowers !



When you got a surprising fact, you can say:

- Do you know what?
- Believe it or not?
- You may not believe it, but …
- Can you believe this?

You can respond to the surprising fact using these expressions:

- Really?
- Are you joking?
- Oh?
- Where? Show me.
Example of Surprise:

Mia   : Whose car is that?
Nara  : It's Tami
Mia   : Are you kidding me?
Nara :  No, I'm not. I saw her riding that car this morning
Mia  : What's surprise!

Example of disbelief:
Harry   : Do you still remember the girl we met yesterday?
Angga : Yes.
Harry   : I can’t believe my eyes when I saw her riding a sport car this morning.
Angga  : A sport car?
Harry   : Yes. She looked gorgeous!
Angga : I don’t believe you. You must be dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laman